Potato stacks with basil and cheddar are perfect for any Party!
Best Wishes for you and your family for a happy holiday season.
May your Holidays be filled with Joy and Happiness.
While you are preparing to celebrate Christmas I’ve got very tasty recipe that you can make for New Year’s Eve party or any other party. I am crazy about potatoes, I eat them often and I will always choose them instead of a rice or pasta. Whenever I make potatoes I am satisfied. There are lots of possibilities how they can be prepared. Mashed or baked, any kind is appropriate for me.
Growing in Europe I ate lots of Pierogi stuffed with potatoes. YUM! “Pierogi” is already plural and “Pieróg” is singular. However, the word “Pierogis” is mainly used in Canada and USA.
Anyway, recently I tried a new recipe to make potato stacks and they came out great! A little crispy on the top and soft inside. I used just simple ingredients to make them: dried basil, onion powder and cheddar cheese. I also used grapeseed oil for the first time and I already like it! The whole recipe is easy to make. You just need to slice potatoes thinly and bake it in the muffin tin.
These basil and cheddar potato stacks are definitely great to feed the crowd. If you are planning any party soon, just make them. Your guests will totally like them.
How about you… Do you like potatoes or do you prefer pasta?
Basil and Cheddar Potato Stacks
- 5 - 6 medium-sized potatoes washed
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare muffin tin and spray with nonstick oil.
- Slice potatoes very thinly.
- In a large bowl mix butter, grapeseed oil, dried basil, salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix.
- Add sliced potatoes and mix all ingredients very well.
- Stack potatoes in each muffin tin.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes until potatoes are soft and baked thoroughly.