Easy, simple and healthy brown rice tomato soup served carrots and basil.
I think I told you already that I make lots of soups at my home. Today I’m sharing my children’s favorite tomato soup. It can be served with rice, brown rice or pasta. Either way is totally mouthwatering and so good.
My children asked me lately about tomato soup. I’m making often at my home because I know they will eat this soup. They also really like chicken soup with pasta. There is already simple chicken stock recipe on the blog. I didn’t share many soup recipes but I will be posting them more. Probably I will stick with fall/winter season when everybody is searching for hot soups:)
I kept it very simple to make this soup. I used tomato paste, some vegetables that were already at my home and brown rice. On some days I serve with vegetable pasta alphabets that my children love it. They are asking about this pasta every day. Believe me it’s so delicious and perfect with this tomato soup. I feel good when they eat healthy food.
Basically this is the rice tomato soup that I pack for my children’s lunches often. I am happy that they will have some hot lunch especially during cold winter months.
The dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt is perfect for this tomato soup. I actually added it some greek yogurt and the taste was delicious. Go ahead and add some to your soup as well!
Brown Rice Tomato Soup
- 10 cups water or homemade chicken stock
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- half parsnip sliced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 5.5 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. basil dried
- In a large pot bring water to boil. Add sliced carrot and parsnip. Cook until all vegetables will be soft (about 20 - 30 minutes). Or you can use chicken stock.
- In a frying pan melt butter, add tomato paste and mix. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, mixing often.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste to the water and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with basil and cooked brown rice.
What soup is your favorite?