Fluffy buttermilk pumpkin pancakes made from scratch with delicious caramelized apples and cinnamon. Great for brunch or breakfast!
If you are looking for some new recipes when you have guests at your house these buttermilk pumpkin pancakes will be a perfect hit. Silky and soft pancakes served with cinnamon sauteed apples. They will be great for brunch when you are having party at your house. However, they are also yummy for everyday breakfast as well. In addition, these pancakes freeze very well. Therefore, you can simply prepare them ahead and have an easy breakfast whenever you want.
How to make Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes
First of all mix dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and brown sugar. Secondly, beat the egg with mixer. After that, add buttermilk and pumpkin puree. Mix dry ingredients with wet. Cook on low-medium heat. Approximately you will have 4 or 5 pancakes. Depends how big you want your pancakes to be.
How to Caramelize Apples
It is so easy to caramelize apples. Moreover, you can add them to almost everything. Firstly, peel all apples and cut them into cubes. After that, melt the unsalted butter on the frying pan. Add cubed apples. Cook on low heat for few minutes. Add sugar and cinnamon, mix together. Cook again for few minutes. As a result, caramelized apples for pancakes are done.
Tips to make Pumpkin Pancakes
- Definitely use pumpkin puree and not pie pumpkin filling.
- If you don’t have buttermilk make your own. Mix 3/4 cup of milk with 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup if you want sweeter pancakes.
Other Pancake Recipes
Caramelized Apples Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 apples
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg with mixer, add buttermilk and pumpkin puree.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Mix well until all ingredients are combined together with electric mixer.
- Heat the lightly oiled frying pan on a medium heat. Pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the batter into the frying pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes. Flip when bubbles will form. Cover and cook for another 2- 4 minutes.
- Wash, peel and cut apples into cubes. On the frying pan melt butter, add apples and cook for couple minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sugar and cinnamon and cook approximately 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Serve warm pancakes with warm caramelized apple and maple syrup (optional).