Chocolate fondue recipe with ideas for dippers including marshmallows, pretzels, strawberries and other fruits. Easy to make homemade chocolate sauce. Great for entertaining!
Chocolate fondue is perfect for any party or seasonal occasions like Valentine’s Day. It is very easy to prepare and there are lots of ideas for dippers. For instance, fresh fruits, pretzels, cakes or even cookies. Almost everything dipped in chocolate seems to be more delicious. The best part about this fondue party is that you don’t need any fancy equipment to do the sauce. Therefore, you can only use a pot plus chocolate and dippers.
How to make Chocolate Fondue
Choose the best chocolate to make the fondue. In my opinion, the combination of semi-sweet and dark chocolate taste the best. However, only either of them can be used as well. Add a little cinnamon to add addition flavor to the chocolate sauce. Also, pick the fruits carefully. Certainly, you would like them to stick well to the fork while dipping in the chocolate sauce. Moreover, before the party plan ahead what dippers you will choose. Below you will find some ideas for chocolate dippers.
How to make Chocolate Sauce
Firstly, gather all ingredients: unsalted butter, chocolate, half and half cream, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Secondly, melt the butter on the stove in the saucepan. Next, add the rest of ingredients. Cook on low heat for about 5 – 10 minutes until all chocolate will melt. Finally dip in chocolate your favorite fruits and other dippers.
What to dip in Chocolate Fondue
There are many different fondue dippers that you can use for dipping in the chocolate. Therefore, below there are some examples.
- Orange Slices
- Apple Slices
- Cubed Angel Cake or other cake
- Lady Fingers
Other Chocolate Recipes:
- Brownie Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes with Pretzel Crust
- Chocolate Strawberry Mousse for Two
Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, cream, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Cook all ingredients on a small heat mixing often until all chocolate will dissolve. About 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with dippers.
- Strawberries, pineapple, banana, orange, pretzels, ladyfingers, marshmallows, little waffle cookies etc.