Fall is officially here! Today is the first day of Autumn, the leaves will start to fall soon and we will enjoy beautiful colors of this season. Apparently, today in Canada we have summer:) It is so warm and nice; it does not look like fall. These cinnamon pumpkin apple muffins are perfect for this season. You have to try to believe it:)
I was skeptical at first to make this cinnamon pumpkin apple muffins… because I do not really like pumpkin, but Oh my… they are delicious, moist, fluffy and delicate. Apple and pumpkin add a lot of moist to them and cinnamon gives strong flavor.
The recipe is very easy and it does not require any mixer, just mix everything by spoon. How easy can it be. My children love them, especially the older son, he eats multiply of them per day. But I am ok with that.. they have fruit (apple) and vegetable (pumpkin), so I think it is better for him than a cupcake with frosting.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Apple Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree room temperature
- 1 medium-sized apple shredded
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 200 ml canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In the medium bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- In another bowl mix wet ingredients: beat eggs by spoon for awhile, add pumpkin puree, shredded apple, oil and brown sugar.
- Mix by spoon all dry and wet ingredients together until combined.
- Prepare muffin baking pan with liners. Pour the batter in each liner. Fill each liner approximately 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. Check if muffins are ready; inserted toothpick should come out clean. After baking let them cool off on the baking rack.