Thanksgiving is almost here! Are you still looking for recipes to make on this special day? I have a great recipe to compliment turkey. Lately I ate chicken with this cranberry apple jam and it was very good.
But today I have another special gift for you! I made this cute Free Printable Jar Labels that you can certainly use it for any jar and any jam. I did not write the name of the jam for them because I would like you to use it also for Gooseberry Jam or any other jam. Whatever you prefer:) The link to download them is at the end of the post after recipe. So grab them today!
This cranberry apple jam is not very sweet. It is perfect for poultry for dinner but also for breakfast. My younger son loves this jam, he takes a bun, put some cream cheese on it and then this jam on top. This is one of the way to have this sweet-sour cranberry jam. Yummy!
However, there is another special thing about this cranberry apple jam. I will tell you right away. I really can’t miss it on Thanksgiving. For me personally this is a must. It is perfect to compliment turkey. Don’t you think so? It has to be always on my Thanksgiving table. How about you? Do you like cranberry jam or sauce? Could you simply forget about it Thanksgiving Day?
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 oz cranberries (340 g)
- juice from half of lemon
- 2 apples (peeled and shredded)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Put all ingredients: water, cranberries, lemon juice, shredded apples and sugar into the medium sized pan.
- Cook on medium to low heat for 45 - 55 minutes. Mix often.
- Prepare two 10 oz. or 12 oz. jars and sterilize it with boiling water. Put hot jam in the jars and close tightly with the lid. This is all what I did.
- Store in refrigerator.