Sweet and creamy pea soup with dill.
Recently, I had so much frozen green peas it my freezer from Costco. I decided that it’s time to make something different with peas other than as a side dish by the meat and potatoes.
I wanted a creamy pea soup. So I went to my freezer and I started to cook. The soup was simply by itself, not many ingredients. It was very delicious! Green peas made this soup with a nice hint of sweetness. I loved this soup and I’ll make it again, probably soon because I still have this large bag of frozen green peas from Costco:)
To make my soup a little thicker I used Flour + Butter combination. I melted butter on my favorite green pan that I really like and recommend. Nothing will stick to this ceramic pan and it is so easy to clean.
After cooking the soup I blend it in the ninja blender. This particular tool is so essential in my kitchen. I use it almost everyday to make smoothies or the dough for my Buttermilk Crescent Rolls. In the end I added some fresh dill to my soup that I usually have on hand at my home. What can I say… it’s my favorite herb. I’m thinking to have my own! –>grown at home<– dill and other herbs.
Sweet Pea Soup
- 6 cups water or chicken stock
- 4 cups frozen green peas
- 1 celery stick
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- In a large pot pour the water or chicken stock, add frozen green peas and celery stick. Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat until peas will be soft.
- Cool off a little before blending.
- Add peas with some water to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add everything back to the large pot.
- Melt butter on the pan, add flour and cook for few minutes mixing often. Add it to the soup and mix everything nicely. Cook on low-medium heat for 10 minutes. Add chopped dill, salt and pepper. You can add cooked chopped celery stick.
- Serve with potatoes, rice, pasta or without anything.
Have you ever made creamy pea soup?