Sweet french crepes stuffed with farmer’s cheese and mango. Colored green with spinach and topped with fresh blueberries.
Naturally colored mango crepes will be great for breakfast. Also, great brunch recipe that your guests will love. Perfectly sweet dessert for St. Patrick’s Day.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
What are French Crepes
French crepes are a thin pancake that doesn’t not contain any rising agent. In addition, there are usually two types: sweet and savory. Sweet crepes are very common in Poland. They are usually served for dinner. However, they are perfect for brunch, breakfast or dessert. They are served with many types of fillings.
Crepe Fillings Sweet & Savory
- Farmer’s cheese, cottage cheese, quark or cream cheese.
- Fruit spreads, jams, preserves or confiture.
- Maple syrup or honey.
- Whipped Cream
- Any type of fresh fruit.
- Chocolate, Nutella.
- Various types of meat.
- Veggies, for instance mushrooms, spinach, artichoke etc.
How to make Crepes
These crepes are made with spinach while original sweet french crepes doesn’t contain spinach. Firstly, gather all ingredients. Fresh spinach, milk, eggs, flour, farmer’s cheese, sugar, greek yogurt, mango and blueberries. Secondly, mix spinach with milk. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter to the frying pan. Add eggs and flour. Cook on low – medium heat on each side. Thirdly, to prepare the filling mix cheese, sugar and greek yogurt until smooth. Moreover, add diced mangoes. Finally, spread each crepe with the filling. Fold in half, then again in half to form a triangle. Also, top it with fresh blueberries.
Tips to make Spinach Mango Crepes
- You need to have a powerful blender to mix spinach with milk very smooth. I used my favorite Ninja Ninja Nutri Bowl Duo with Auto-iQ Boost.
- Also, you can omit the spinach. You will have original recipe. However, I like how you can easily add nutritious and color naturally.
- Farmer’s cheese substitute include: ricotta, cream cheese or cottage cheese. Moreover, you can use any type for this recipe. Farmer’s cheese is easily found in European stores.
- Also, you can use regular sugar instead of cane sugar. This is the type of sugar that I usually use in my kitchen.
Other Brunch Recipes:
Farmer's Cheese Spinach Mango French Crepes
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup farmer's cheese or cottage cheese
- 6 tsp. cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1 mango diced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Blend spinach with milk in the blender until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix eggs. Add spinach/milk mixture and flour. Mix with electric mixer until well combined.
- Prepare frying pan and turn on the heat to low-medium, add some oil (not much) or best use Misto to sprinkle the oil on the pan.
- Take about 1/4 cup crepes mixture and pour nicely on the heated pan. Move the pan around to spread the batter. Cook 1-2 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat the process until all crepes are cooked. Add a little oil each time if necessary.
- In a medium bowl mix cheese with sugar and greek yogurt by spoon. If the cheese is to dry add some more greek yogurt.
- Dice mango, set aside.
- Spread equally farmer's cheese on each crepe. Add some diced mango. Fold in half and in half again to form a triangle. Top it with few blueberries.