Easy to make Crepes with and mango and farmer’s cheese. Totally delicious and KID-Approved!
I hope you are ready for totally delicious crepes that are perfect for upcoming St. Patrick’s Day. However any day is good for these crepes. They are made with mango and farmer’s cheese. This is the dinner that I can serve to my children.
My younger son loves them. I make it for him very often. I serve it with jam, fruits but mostly he prefers with farmer’s cheese or cottage cheese. My older son eats them with peanut butter and banana. That’s good too. Maybe they look like dessert but in Europe where I grew up crepes were usually for dinner. Just before them we had a hearty soup and these crepes were as a second dish.
Probably you are wondering what’s the secret ingredient that I put in them. I kept you to long to know so I’ll tell you it is…… spinach. Yes I used spinach to make beautiful green color. My younger son doesn’t eat lots of veggies, so I have to think how to incorporate vegetables in his diet.
I made them last week and he looked at them surprised. At first he was hesitant to eat. But I told him it’s for St. Patrick’s Day. He knew about this holiday because he is learning at school. And he said OH! Yes! and he ate them. To blend the spinach I used Ninja blender that I love and use often in my kitchen to make smoothies, creamy soups or even the dough for Buttermilk Crescent Rolls.
So now you are probably thinking if you can taste spinach, no.. not at all. I didn’t even taste any spinach in my crepes neither my children. Try them and you won’t regret it. From now on I will always make spinach crepes instead of regular ones. I will knew that my sons have a decent amount of veggies at dinner time. It’s so clever idea.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups farmer's cheese or cottage cheese
- 6 tsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk (optional)
- 1 mango
- oil to fry crepes
- Blend spinach with milk in the blender
- In a large bowl mix egg. Add spinach/milk mixture and flour. Mix with electric mixer
- Prepare frying pan and turn on the heat to low-medium, add some oil (not much) or best use Misto to sprinkle the oil on the pan.
- Take about 1/4 cup crepes mixture and pour nicely on the heated pan. Cook 1-2 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat the process until you cooked all crepes.
- In a medium bowl mix cheese with sugar by spoon. If the cheese is to dry add some milk (optional)
- Dice mango, set aside.
- Spread cheese on each crepe. Add some diced mango. Roll it and repeat the process.
Will you try Spinach Crepes?