Mexican inspired crockpot chicken fajitas served with avocado and cilantro. Great dinner idea for parties or family gatherings.
Simple, flavorful and very easy crockpot chicken fajitas. Served with delicious toppings like avocado and cilantro. One of the best dinner idea for parties or weeknight meal. This slow cooker chicken fajitas are not spicy at all. However, they are perfectly seasoned with chili and cumin. Therefore, if you don’t like spicy dishes this recipe is for you.
How to make Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Firstly, gather all ingredients. Chicken breasts, bell peppers, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, sweet paprika, dried oregano, sea salt, cilantro, onion, avocado and oil. Secondly, slice onion and put in the crockpot with oil. Thirdly, cut chicken breast into strips. Add on the top of onion. Add all seasonings. Finally, cut bell peppers into strips and add to the slow cooker.
What toppings go on Fajitas
- Sour Cream
- Lime juice
- Hot Peppers or jalapenos
Tips to make Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Cook on high for 2 – 3 hours. If you cook about 3 hours the chicken breast will be shredded. Which is perfect too. Therefore, decide how you like your chicken. Reduce cooking time accordingly.
- Also, add sliced bell peppers whenever you would like. However, adding them in the beginning will make them very mushy. Also, you can add them 1 hour or 30 minutes before the end of the cooking to make them crispy.
- This slow cooker chicken is not spicy at all. It has a great amount of chili seasoning. However, add more if you prefer spicy shredded chicken.
- In addition, I’ve noticed that chicken is more juicy after cooking if it stays in the juices longer. Therefore, it is very good on the next day. Store it in the glass container in the fridge.
Other Mexican Recipes:
- Easy Fish Tacos
- If you would like to create a complete Mexican Inspired party menu try my Mexican Buffet Menu Ideas and Taco Chicken Soup Party
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Healthy crockpot chicken fajitas served with avocado and cilantro.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion small
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 tortillas small
- 1 avocado large
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro chopped
Pour oil on the bottom of the crockpot.
Slice onion and add to the crockpot.
Cut chicken breasts into strips, add it to the crockpot on the top of the onion.
Add seasonings to the chicken breasts: onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, sweet paprika, oregano, sea salt.
Slice each bell pepper. If you add them to the crockpot in the beginning they will be mushy. If you would like them to be more crunchy add them 1 hour before ending the cooking.
Cook on high for 2 - 3 hours.
Stuff tortilla with chicken. Add avocado and cilantro.