Quick and easy fish tacos served with mild tomato salsa, avocado slices and cilantro. Great for entertaining crispy fish tacos.
Crispy Mexican easy fish tacos made from scratch at home. Moreover, full of flavor, delicious and perfect for dinner parties. Topped with freshly homemade tomato salsa, lettuce and avocado. These tacos are rather mild than spicy. Therefore, perfect for children or anyone who doesn’t like spicy meals. Basically, they are not even seasoned with chili. However, if you prefer spicy dish, add some jalapenos to the tomato salsa. If you prefer simple meals this will be perfect for you. Therefore, there are no any extra spices or ingredients. Just simple and quick dinner.
How to Make Fish Tacos
Firstly, prepare all ingredients to fry the fish. Including egg, bread crumbs, sea salt and vegetable oil. Secondly, cut fish into strips. Dip each strip into egg and bread crumbs. Fry on the frying pan. Thirdly, prepare ingredients for salsa: tomatoes, cilantro, green onion and sea salt. Finally, dice tomatoes, put in a bowl. Add cilantro, green onion and sea salt. Mix all ingredients well.
What to Serve with Fish Tacos
- Lots of cilantro
- Mango Salsa
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream or greek yogurt
Tips to make Crispy Fish Tacos
- Any type of white fish fillets can be used. For instance, basa, tilapia, cod, catfish, snapper etc. It can be frozen or fresh. Just thaw before frying.
- Also, fry whitefish on medium or low heat instead of high. You don’t want to end up with burnt fish.
- In addition, panko crumbs can be used instead of bread crumbs if you prefer.
Other Fish Recipes:
Easy Fish Tacos
- 2 white fish fillets 6 oz. each
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tomatoes large
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 avocado large
- 8 tortillas small
- Cut fish into strips. Season with salt. I used basa fillets for this recipe.
- Heat oil in the frying pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg. In a separate bowl add bread crumbs.
- Dip each white fish strip into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs. Both sides.
- Fry white fish strips on low-medium heat for about 5-10 minutes on each side.
- Dice tomatoes and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add cilantro, green onion and sea salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- Slice avocado.
- Stuff each tortilla with 2 - 3 white fish strips, lettuce, tomato salsa and avocado.