I was craving a delicious and healthy dish lately. I was thinking that I would love to have fish for dinner. So I’ve decided to prepare this easy lemon rosemary salmon. I really like salmon I can eat this fish very often. This dish requires only couple ingredients.
I am just watching my calories lately. I don’t eat full fat dishes right now. No bacon or sausages for me. I noticed that if I eat on schedule and eat healthy food I’m not hungry. Sometimes, I skipped my lunch or breakfast but that was a bad think. I thought if I skip it, I will eat less calories per day. Wrong thinking! When I skipped lunch I was “very” hungry at dinner time.
Ok, but let’s go back to this lemon rosemary salmon. First, I melted the butter, then I added rosemary, salt and pepper. I mixed all ingredients and marinated the salmon. I didn’t bake it. I put in the aluminum foil, I poured the water into the pan and I simmered my buttery salmon. I could honestly say it was so good. I added lots of vegetables. Simmered sliced carrots and frozen green beans.
However, It’s up to you how you would like to prepare it. You can certainly bake this lemon rosemary salmon or even fry it. It has butter already so you do not need any extra oils. How about you? Do you like fish for dinner? What is your favorite fish? Let me know so I will keep in mind what I should make for dinner next time:)
Easy Lemon Rosemary Salmon
- 6 - 7 oz. salmon fillet
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- lemon juice to sprinkle cooked salmon
- 3/4 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- Melt butter, add salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Marinate the salmon fillet and put in the aluminum foil and close tightly. Leave it for 1 hour.
- Pour a little water on the small frying pan. Put salmon with aluminum foil (still closed tightly) into the pan. Cover and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes on low heat. If you notice there is no water add some. Sprinkle with lemon juice. (If you would like you can bake or fry salmon if you prefer).
- Serve immediately with vegetables.
- Pour water to the pan, add sliced carrots and frozen green beans. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Check if they are soft.