Easy pork quesadillas with mushrooms and cheese are perfect for everyday dinner.
Easy and quickly prepared quesadillas are my favorite type of food. I like spiciness of Mexican food, mild avocado taste and grilled tortillas. Everything topped with gooey cheese. Totally delicious!
It can be perfectly served as weekday dinner, appetizer or any party gathering! My children usually eat only cheese quesadillas but once they saw me what I’m cooking they wanted to try. They loved it and I was surprised and happy by this fact. These type of dish can be easily served with any salad. Just add some lettuce, cucumber and tomato. Or any other veggies that you have on hand.
I added also some avocado and a dollop of greek yogurt. Sour cream can be used instead of greek yogurt. The spiciness of these quesadillas are perfect. However, if you would like a little more kick, just add more taco seasoning or jalapenos. I kept it just perfectly spicy that my children can eat.
I prepare a lot Mexican dishes at home, because I like them all. Recently I thought that I should make again my Easy Taco Casserole that is prepared meatless. Perfect amount of veggies, black beans, my favorite cilantro and spicy sauce. Very tasty 🙂
- 2 cups diced pork
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms ( I used cremini)
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 9 slices of cheese (any type)
- 6 tortillas
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a pan heat the oil, add pork and cook on low-medium heat for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and taco seasoning. Add salt and pepper if preferred. Cook for another 15 - 20 minutes. When meat is ready turn off the heat.
- Take one tortilla and put some meat and mushroom on it, put 3 slices of cheese nicely. Cover with another tortilla and cook on George Foreman Grill for about 5 - 10 minutes. It can be also baked in the oven or in the pan. When the cheese melted and quesadillas are crisp, they are ready.
- Serve with salad, avocado and a dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt.