Easy, light and delicious pumpkin mousse recipe with graham crackers and yogurt. Great dessert for parties or any other time!
Lately, I can see pumpkin everywhere…. in the store, on the web…. in my kitchen. Basically wherever I look I see pumpkin. I haven’t posted a pumpkin recipe this fall yet because I was focusing on butternut squash. I wanted to experiment with this type of veggie. This autumn I baked Butternut Squash Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars and Butternut Squash Coconut Donuts. I liked them so much. If you want to incorporate more veggies in your child’s diet start baking with veggies. I honestly can tell you my children don’t even realize there is pumpkin, butternut squash or spinach.
However, I don’t really have problems with my older son. He likes veggies and he eats them. But my younger son eats only cucumbers and corn. Recently, he started to eat beets. And this is all from veggies that he eats. That’s why I was forced to figure it out another way for him to eat veggies. He loves my baked desserts and he eats them so quickly. Pumpkin mousse, butternut squash donuts, green crepes. He eats them and I am happy.
Ok, maybe let’s talk about my easy pumpkin mousse. So after playing around with butternut squash I had to develop new pumpkin recipes. I had some leftover yogurt in my fridge and I thought that I should make quick, easy and light dessert. Maybe not so light, but it is not so heavy either. Therefore, I mixed the greek yogurt with pumpkin puree, spices and truwhip. I usually find it in organic stores and I like it. If you can’t buy truwhip you can simply use cool whip. Either way is fine, however truwhip is healthier. And I tend to choose healthier variety of products.
Easy Pumpkin Mousse
- 8 graham crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups truwhip thawed or cool whip
- Prepare 3 glasses. Place some graham crackers on the bottom of each glass. Leave about half of the graham crackers.
- In a medium bowl combine vanilla greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in truwhip.
- Pour some mousse on the graham crackers in each glass. Add remaining graham crackers and mousse on top. You just want to form layers: graham crackers, mousse, graham crackers and mousse.