A Healthy breakfast with rice cakes, farmer’s cheese, radishes and green onions.
What is Farmer’s cheese? It is soft white cheese traditionally made in Europe. I grew up in Europe so I know this type of cheese that is hard to find in US or Canada. However, after living in US 15 years I noticed that farmer’s cheese can be bought in US, usually in European stores, but sometimes in large chain stores. In Canada (in the area where I live now) it is very difficult for me to find this type of cheese.
Farmers cheese is very often used in many recipes, for example: pierogis, cheesecakes, crepes, etc. Definitely there are endless possibilities for this type of cheese. This yummy and healthy breakfast I can eat every day, it is very light with delicious radishes, green onions and salt.
Farmer’s Cheese with Radishes and Green Onions
- 1 1/2 cup farmer's cheese
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup shredded radishes
- rice cakes
- pepper optional
- Mix farmer's cheese with greek yogurt.
- Add radishes and green onions.
- Add salt to the mixture (according to your taste). Pepper can be also added.
- Spread nicely on rice cakes.