Crunchy grain free tahini cookies sprinkled with chia seeds and drizzled with white chocolate.
Hello in 2017! The 2016 went so quickly but it was busy year for me. I managed to improve my food photography which I am very happy about that fact. I sold many invitations in my Etsy Shop and I also had a chance to fly to my home to Europe where I spent quality time with my family. I also had the opportunity to meet Canadian bloggers at my first blogging conference. Where I met people that bloggers the same passion as me and I ate great food.
In 2017 I just want to still work on my blog and post lots of party recipes. I would like to focus also on grain free, gluten free or just healthy recipes. I will also add more products to my Etsy Shop and maybe eventually have my own website with my designs. My plan is also to open a new website where I can help food bloggers by providing services to them like e-book design or social media graphic designs. The website is almost ready and it will be live soon!
What are your plans for 2017???
However, let’s talk about these grain free tahini cookies that I prepared recently. I remember halva dessert from my childhood that was made with tahini. It was very sweet dessert but I loved it! I just love tahini flavor. Therefore, once I bought tahini paste few weeks ago I knew I wanted to bake something with it. I decided to use it for my tahini cookies. I also used my buckwheat flour that I bought few months ago and I just simply forgot about it. The buckwheat flour has a nutty taste. Compliments perfectly the tahini flavor. I also substituted regular sugar for coconut sugar. I bake often with coconut sugar. I just simply like it.
The grain free tahini cookies were very soft once they came out from the oven. However, once they cooled off they became crunchy. I actually loved both ways …. soft and crunchy. If you prefer softer cookies just bake less time than it supposed to be. Just before baking I sprinkled with chia seeds. However, this is optional.
- 1 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1 egg
- chia seeds
- white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine buckwheat flour with baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter with coconut sugar until smooth and fluffy using electric mixer, add tahini and mix, add egg. Mix all ingredients until incorporated well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with electric mixer until all ingredients will combine well.
- Using ice cream scoop make about 15 - 19 balls. Flatten with fork or knife. (Optional) Sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool off completely. Drizzle with white chocolate if desired but not necessary.
If you like Grain Free Tahini Cookies check…