Healthy oat muffins recipe packed with REAL ingredients like honey, flax seeds, banana, apple, cocoa and dried apricots. Naturally sweeten oat muffins are perfect for breakfast or snack!
I just posted recently Tender Barbecue Ribs but now it is time for something healthy. I am the person that gains a weight quickly, so I just have to watch what I eat. I just need to lose a little weight about 5 – 10 pounds, it will be enough for me. I always struggle with my weight and I am constantly on diet. There are so many food blogs with great dessert recipes and I want to try them all. Some people eat what they want and still they are skinny. I want to be one of them!
Let me tell you about these healthy cocoa honey oat muffins, they are good … but not like … these Chocolate Muffins. They are ok, sweet, healthy with delicious apples and oats that I love. These cocoa honey oat muffins are very satisfying and fulfilling, so 1 muffin at once was enough for me.
I usually save this kind of treats for snack and not breakfast. I basically don’t eat anything sweet for breakfast. I just prefer to have a sandwich or scrambled eggs. I save muffins for snack. Sometimes, when I am craving something sweet just before lunch. I chose sweeter lunch like smoothie, my healthy honey oat muffins or Cinnamon Coconut Sugar Baked Pears.
Healthy Cocoa Honey Oat Muffins
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp. flax seeds
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup apple diced
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/4 cup dried apricots chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare 4 foil muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl combine old fashioned oats, flax seeds, mashed banana, diced apple, applesauce, honey, cocoa powder and dried apricots.
- Form 4 balls with your hands.
- Put each ball into muffin liner.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
Inspired by simplytaralynn.com