Hearty and full of vegetables homemade mushroom soup perfect for any day of the year.
Maybe spring is coming and soups will be forgotten but I think it shouldn’t be like that. We eat soups even in the summer. Any day of the year is perfect for any soup. My children like the best: Chicken Soup and Tomato soup.
I was always a fun of mushroom soup since I remember. It was one of my favorite soup when I was a child. I remember the time when I came to my grandmother’s house and she had this exactly mushroom soup for dinner. It was so tasty. That’s why I make if often at my home too. It reminds me of my childhood and the time that I spent with family. I cherish this time so much and I often come back to my memories.
The mushroom soup can be made with homemade chicken stock. However, if you would like to keep it vegetarian just regular water can be used or vegetable stock will be perfect too. I’ve used couple of simple veggies to make my hearty soup even more flavorful.. carrots, parsnip and celery stick. I also used a little garlic powder to add a stronger flavor to mushroom soup. I seasoned with salt and pepper and that was all. The soup was delicious!
I served homemade mushroom soup with cooked pasta. Also, I added a dollop of greek yogurt, but sour cream can be used too. It can be also served with rice or barley. Lots of yummy possibilities to try.
Homemade Mushroom Soup
- 18 - 20 mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 10 cups water or homemade chicken stock
- 1 carrot sliced
- half parsnip sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- cooked pasta
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- Wash/clean mushrooms and slice them.
- Melt butter in the frying pan, add mushroom and saute for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot pour homemade chicken stock or water. Add mushrooms, sliced carrot, parsnip, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low-medium heat for 1 1/2 hours. Until all vegetables will become soft.
- Serve with cooked pasta and a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream.
What is your favorite soup?