Basket gift idea with homemade tomato sauce, colorful pasta, dried basil and hard cheese. Great present for birthday or holiday!
Edible gifts are one of the most special presents ever. They are even more special when you make them by yourself. You don’t need any skills or expensive supplies to do that. Most importantly, simply making your own homemade gift basket is all that you need. Moreover, the idea of making your own food for gifting is great. Everyone will appreciate your effort of making your own present.
How to Make a Gift Basket
- Prepare a nice basket and buy products for the basket. For example, I used 4 products.
- Dried basil. Any brand of dried basil can be used. Moreover, instead of the dried basil you can also buy the fresh basil that is sometimes sold in grocery stores.
- Cheese. Hard ripened white fox cheese is in this basket. However, parmesan, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino romano or even cheddar can be used. Don’t limit yourself to only these cheeses. I think that pasta taste great with any cheese.
- Pasta. I bought mine at bulk barn. Therefore, if you are in Canada you can buy this pasta there. It is very pretty colorful pasta. Most importantly, this pasta is colored naturally with powdered beetroot, spinach, curcuma, pepper and black carrot.
- Homemade tomato sauce.
How to make Easy Tomato Sauce for Pasta
Firstly gather all ingredients: butter, garlic clove, tomatoes, sea salt, black pepper, bay leaf, tomato paste, sugar and water. Secondly, blanch tomatoes with boiling water. However, I always prefer tomatoes without a skin. Further, melt butter, add garlic and tomato paste. And cook on low heat. Add diced tomatoes and cook again, mixing often. After that, add rest of the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes on very low heat. Very easy sauce that everyone will like it.
Other Gift Ideas
- Whole Wheat Pistachio Cranberry Cookies
- Chocolate Truffles Recipe Ideas
- Hugs & Kisses Free Printable Pink and Gold Tag
- or… check All Gift Ideas
Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 2 tomatoes medium-sized
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp. cane sugar
- First blanch tomatoes by pouring boiling water on them. Remove the skin. Dice tomatoes and set aside.
- Melt butter in the saucepan. Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook on low heat 2 - 5 minutes. Mix very often.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook 5 minutes on low heat mixing often.
- Add water, salt, pepper, bay leaf and sugar. Cook on low heat covered for 10 minutes. Mix with spoon if needed. Blend with regular blender or immerse blender.