Christmas will be here soon and I’ll show you how to make the best Christmas Sugar Cookies.
After making cookies many times I found a full proof on how to make the sugar cookies the easy way. No need to put the dough to the fridge for half an hour. I don’t really like working with hard dough straight from the fridge. It is crumbly and breaks easily. To make cookies it is hard to manage this kind of dough. Also, there is no need to use cold butter.
The dough that I made for these Christmas sugar cookies is like play-doh:) It is so easy to work with. The ingredients combine very well easily and instantly. The best cookie dough you’ll ever try. The Christmas sugar cookies came out great! Crunchy, sweet and buttery.
- First, you’ll make the dough by combining few ingredients that you probably have on hand.
- Then, you cut out the shapes (Christmas tree, snowman, stars, snowflakes etc.)
- Decorate with white or dark chocolate.
- Decorate with colorful sprinkles.
Imagine how much fun it is! My children had a blast. They love decorating Christmas sugar cookies. I keep this as our tradition. So every year, I bake cookies and they decorate.
Also, our cookies are not so sweet. I don’t use a lot of sugar in the dough. Simply because the frosting will be sweet enough. If you prefer sweeter dough, just add more confectioner’s sugar.
We decorated our cookies with white chocolate and dark chocolate. We also, used sprinkles and pomegranate arils. Every cookie looked different. The tutorial on how to make the best Christmas sugar cookies is very easy. And all the steps are below. I hope you’ll love them as much as we do!
How to Make the Best Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- White Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate
- Flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix butter and sugar with electric mixer until all will become smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat until all ingredients will combine.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Mix with mixer, then knead the dough by hand.
- Divide the dough into 2 sections. Flour the surface and roll one dough until about 1/4 thick. It depends also how thick you prefer your cookies. Cut the cookies with cookie cutter. Make the same with section 2. Work on the dough until you cutout all cookies.
- Lay nicely on parchment paper. Bake for 6 - 10 minutes. Start checking after 6 minutes so they will not burn out.
- Cool off cookies completely before decorating.
- Melt white and dark chocolate separately using the double boiler method (fill lower pan with water, bring water to simmer, take off from heat, put chocolate chips in top pan and stir).
- Decorate your cookies with chocolate and sprinkles.