Marinated in lemon and basil pork chop that is grilled and ready in 10 minutes!
Pork chop marinated in lemon and basil for at least 30 minutes. The longer the better taste. Then grilled to perfection… ready in just 10 minutes. I served my pork chop as healthy as possible with brown rice/spelt mix and frozen green peas.
I’m just avoiding lately very fattening dishes. It’s because I want to learn more and more new possibilities of serving healthy food. It’s just that I’m enthusiast lately by vegan and clean eating recipes. I like to explore in the kitchen and mix some ingredients with another that I would never thought about. Also, I try new foods like almond milk. I’ve never had an almond milk before. But now that I’m trying vegan recipes almond milk is also in my kitchen. I don’t like it with my coffee but I like it in baking or ice cream.
To minimize to much oil by frying the pork chop I used George Foreman grill that it’s my favorite for a long time now. I use it for meat, quesadillas and even my husband uses for sausages. This grill is very useful in my kitchen, definitely I can recommend it.
I marinated my pork chop in basil/lemon/garlic mixture to get so much flavour. Then it was grilled very quickly. It didn’t required a lot of time. If you will keep the pork chop on the grill to long it will become very dry. Don’t cook it too long. I like quick and simple recipes. This recipe is only for 1 pork chop but if you like to serve more than 1 serving just double the ingredients.
- 1 tsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. basil, dried
- 1 pork chop
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup brown rice (or spelt or barley)
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, canola oil, garlic powder and basil. Marinate pork chop for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill on for 10 minutes on George Foreman grill or fry on the frying pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook frozen green peas and brown rice according to the package instructions. Serve with pork chop.
If you like Lemon Basil Pork Chop definitely check…