Tasty grated lemony beets with flavor of lemon, salt and pepper.
I grew up eating a lot of beets.. beet soup, beet salad etc. It is my favorite vegetable. Just love it. These lemony beets are perfect as a side for a main course. They are sour, sweet and salty, combination of flavors:) They are cooked with skin on, peeled and grated with fine grater.
- 8 small beets
- half lemon
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Wash beets but do not peel.
- In the large pan put all beets and pour water (cover all beets).
- Cook on medium heat for 3-4 hours until beets will be soft. Check with fork if beets are soft.
- Cool them of and peel. Grate beets use Fine Grater
- In the cooking pan heat oil, add grated beets, salt, pepper and squeezed juice of half lemon.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Mix often with wooden spoon.