Perfect for breakfast healthy maple sunflower seeds granola .. or even snack. I usually add this granola to yogurt for an evening snack or I can call supper for myself. I do not eat heavy dinners in the evening. Usually our dinner is around 4 p.m. when my older son comes home from school. In the evening I eat something light.
This maple sunflower seeds granola is a little different than my honey Homemade Granola because it is sweetened with maple syrup. Different sweets can add totally different flavor. Also, I think that addition of sunflower seeds was a great idea!
Maple Sunflower Seeds Granola
- 1 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup cranberries optional
- Preheat oven to 280 F.
- In the medium bowl mix oats, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Put parchment paper on the baking pan, lay down mixed oats/coconut oil/maple syrup.
- Bake about 35 minutes. Mix every 10 minutes. If you mix less more clusters will form.
- After 35 minutes add sunflower seeds; mix and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; add cranberries or other dried fruits (optional) and mix.
Other Granola Recipes: Homemade Granola