I usually like to cook recipes that do not require a lot of ingredients, just simply as my Mushroom Mini Quiche. Just bread, mushrooms, cheese and green onion.. that is all what I used. Sometimes, I like to do more complicated recipes like these Baked Doughnuts.
Ok, let’s go back to mushroom mini quiche… I can say they are very cheese and very easy to do. I used lots of chive to add a little stronger flavor. Also, I used whole grain bread to make a little healthier version.
If you do not like mushrooms you can easily substitute them for ham, peppers or any other ingredient that you like.
Mushroom Mini Quiche
- 12 slices of bread
- 8 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Butter to brush each slice of bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and prepare Muffin Pan
- In the cooking pan melt 2 Tbsp butter, add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes. Take it from heat and let mushrooms cool off a little.
- Use Wood Rolling Pin and roll each slice of bread to about 5 mm. Brush each slice of bread with butter.
- Put each slice of bread buttered-side down into the muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix mushrooms, cheese and chive.
- Stuff each quiche with mixed ingredients (mushrooms, cheese, chive)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.