Slow cooker roast chicken with sweet paprika, garlic, nutmeg and vegetables. Great weeknight dinner idea or holiday party recipe.
If you don’t use your crockpot often it is time to take it out. Imagine how many dinners, desserts or drinks you can make in slow cooker. Above all, it is a staple kitchen gadget that will serve you many years. Recently, I made this roasted whole chicken in a slow cooker and the best thing was the chicken was not dry. Perfectly moist and seasoned with sweet paprika and garlic. This slow cook chicken is perfect for weeknight dinner but it is also great for holidays. Therefore, you can basically make it for Christmas or dinner parties.
How to make Slow Cooker Roast Chicken
Firstly, gather all necessary ingredients: whole chicken, garlic powder, sweet paprika, nutmeg, sea salt, butter, black pepper, carrot and onions. Secondly, slice carrot and onions and place on the bottom of the crockpot. In a small bowl combine all seasonings and butter. Marinate whole chicken with the mixture. Finally, put chicken in the slow cooker and roast for 4- 5 hours.
Tips to cook a Whole Chicken in a Slow Cooker
- If you are planning to purchase slow cooker I have this older version of Crockpot that works perfectly for me. I use it often to make my dinners.
- Make sure to melt butter before adding seasonings.
- Place chicken to the crockpot however you prefer, breast down or up. However, placing with breast down makes whole chicken very moist.
- Roast chicken on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8 hours.
Other Chicken Recipes:
Would you like to see more? Follow me: FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, or SUBSCRIBE to receive recipes and party themes in your inbox!
Paprika Slow Cooker Roast Chicken
- 1 carrot peeled
- 2 onions medium-sized
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 whole chicken
- Slice carrot and onion, place on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl pour melted butter and all seasonings: garlic powder, sweet paprika, nutmeg, sea salt and black pepper.
- Marinate whole chicken with the seasonings and butter.
- Place chicken in the crockpot, cover and cook on high for 4 - 5 hours.
The Anthony Kitchen
How easy and fast! This is my kind of meal for busy weeks especially when trying to eat whole foods.
That is right:)
I love a good slow cooker meal! Such a fantastic meal with little work.
That is true Sabrina!
I love using paprika on my whole chickens, but have never tried it in the slow-cooker. I can’t wait to try it out. Thanks for the recipe!
I would never have thought to put a whole chicken in a slow cooker. Sounds moist and delicious though. I will definitely give this recipe a try.
It is such a delicious meal:)
Love the use of a slow cooker for this meal! Great combination of seasonings to spice up that bird!
Such a tasty recipe and super easy! Will be giving this one a try!
Hope you’ll like it Kristina!