Party picnic ideas for a beautiful day in a park with basket full of delicious goodies. Cold finger picnic food recipes for egg muffins, brownie cupcakes and gluten free muffins.
Picnic can be any meal that you take outdoors, to the parks, lakeside, beach or even your own backyard. It can include a full menu with savory meals and desserts or it can be served with simple finger food snacks. The most important fact is to transport all the food easily to the park. Picnics are mostly happening in the summer when the weather is nice and warm. You can prepare cold meals, for instance salads or finger food recipes.
Check out other party ideas for your next celebration, birthday or gathering with friends and family. If you don’t know how to plan a party make sure to start reading Event Planning Party Ideas where you’ll learn how to throw a perfect party from beginning to the end. Lots of resources and preparation including how to host a party or how to plan a party on a budget.
How to Plan a Picnic Party
- Choose a place: beach, lakeside, park, backyard.
- Take blanket or even small table, prepare chairs or decide if you will sit on a blanket.
- You can prepare a basket with plates, cutlery and napkins.
- Decide what food to take and what recipes to make. There are many possibilities for picnic finger food ideas for sweet and savory dishes.
- Don’t forget to bring water, juice or soda to drink.
- You can also bring a portable grill.
- What do you do at picnics? Play some games (soccer, badminton, tag etc.), take a walk, play cards or even board games, swim if there is a lake.
Picnic Party Food Recipes
Choose simple food recipes that can be easily transported in airtight container for example make these delicious:
- Brownie Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting that are soft and very chocolaty.
- Gluten Free Banana Muffins made with oat and almond flour.
- You can make these Spinach Egg Muffins for savory dish.
- Prepare any fruits: apples, pears, berries, watermelon, banana, cantaloupe etc.
- Pack something to drink, for instance water bottles, juice boxes, soda etc.
- Fresh vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cucumbers etc.) with any dip.
- Salads, sandwiches, savory appetizers, desserts.
Planning a party?
Check all printables that you can easily print in your home for free and use it for your birthday or celebration including invitations, tags and chocolate wrappers for different occasions.
if you are a subscriber click here to get—->>> All Printables
Cold Picnic Food Ideas
- Appetizers: Mango Salsa Mini Cups, Smoked Salmon Dip, or make Cilantro and Avocado Turkey Pinwheels.
- Salads: Mushroom Leek Salad, Corn and Kale Salad.
- Desserts: Chocolate Bark Thins, Moist Chocolate Banana Muffins, Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins or Meringue Apple Crumble Bars.
Picnic Finger Food
If you don’t want to worry about cutlery or plates, prepare finger food recipes that can be easily eaten with just fingers.
- Finger Cucumber Sandwiches
- Jalapeno Spicy Deviled Eggs
- Arancini Balls with Cilantro Avocado Dip
- Dill, Parmesan and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms