The benefits of quinoa is widely heard right now everywhere. The store shelves are packed with these little seeds. I didn’t want to be behind and I’ve decided to give it a try. To be honest I bought quinoa long time ago but I had to adjust to the new whole grain idea. At first I wasn’t sure if I will use it for dinner, breakfast or dessert.
I made two tries with quinoa seeds. At first I made chocolate muffins from cooked quinoa. They were very good. My older son couldn’t stop eating them. He didn’t even know what it is. The second try was this pistachio… cranberry… granola. I loved it right away. I’m a huge fan of any GRANOLA!
After trying two recipes I thought that I prefer uncooked quinoa that I used in this granola. The chocolate muffins were so good. However, CRUNCHY QUINOA is even better. So crunchy and topped with sweet maple syrup. So yum. I added some salty pistachios, pumpkin seeds and sour dried cranberries. Believe me the taste is incredible. The yogurt can be easily topped with this delicious granola. It is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Pistachio Quinoa and Cranberry Granola
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 280 F. Prepare baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together: oats, uncooked quinoa, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Lay on parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes. Mix often.
- Add pistachios and pumpkin seeds. Bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- After baking remove from oven and add cranberries. Mix well.