Stuffed baked portobello mushrooms with parmesan and caramelized onions.
Healthy… vegetarian… stuffed portobello with parmesan and onions are baked to perfection. So delicious and quick. I made these portobello mushrooms when I was dieting and I already knew this is perfect and meatless dish. I will be making often at my home.
I love meatless dinners and I’m always looking for new ideas. I also love portobello mushrooms. I remember the time when I was a child and I ate similar mushroom for the first time. We found it in the forest. Yes, people in Europe still are picking up their own mushrooms. Basically, I couldn’t stop eating and I wanted more. Therefore, when I came to USA I found portobello mushrooms in the stores. I tried to experiment with them in my kitchen. I’m a huge fan of any mushroom. So I can eat them all the time.
I stuffed my portobello mushrooms with parmesan cheese and caramelized onions to make perfect taste. I omitted meat. I’ve decided that it’s not needed. I made these mushrooms totally vegetarian. This dish is so easy to make, just saute onions, add some parmesan and bake. Served nicely with any kind of vegetables for example, baked zucchini. And you can have a delicious dinner in no time!
I add mushrooms to my dishes often. They add a great taste to meat, potatoes and any vegetables. I hope you’ll like my delicious stuffed portobello mushrooms with parmesan and onions.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 6 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a frying pan melt butter, add diced onions. Cook for about 20 minutes until soft. If the onion will stick to the pan, add some water and cook until water will dissolve. Add a little more water if onions are not cooked yet. Make sure that onions are soft and water is dissolved. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare baking pan with parchment paper.
- Stuff portobello mushrooms with cooked onions and parmesan cheese. Put on baking pan.
- By the portobello mushrooms on the same baking pan lay nicely sliced zucchini, season with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Do you like mushrooms? Are you a fan of them or not really?