Some days I just prefer meatless dinners and these potato pancakes are perfect for these days. My children do not really like to eat meat all the time.. not even ham on lunch.. so I just have to constantly think of new meatless recipes.
These potato pancakes are packed with a great amount of dill and parsley. They are very satisfying so one potato pancake was enough for me. They are made with mashed potatoes, so you have to cook potatoes before.
Potato Pancakes with Dill, Parsley and Red Cabbage
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage - shredded on the fine side of the Grater
- 5 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- Oil to fry potato pancakes
- Bread Crumbs
- Mix mashed potatoes with flour, parsley, dill and only 1 egg. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Make round potato pancakes, dust your hands with flour if it is to sticky.
- In the frying pan heat the oil.
- On one plate beat the egg, on other plate add bread crumbs.
- Dip each potato pancake in beaten egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Fry each potato pancake on medium heat, on each side (about 10 minutes total).
- In a medium bowl mix shredded red cabbage, mayo, salt and pepper.
- Serve potato pancakes immediately with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream and red cabbage salad. Sprinkle with dill and parsley.
Don’t forget to see other Meatless Recipe: Parmesan Cauliflower Fritters
These look so fresh and colorful! Great idea! Pinning!
Thanks Mira for visiting my blog and… pinning:)
Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking
Delicious! Love potato pancakes and yours look perfect!
Thank you Lindsey!