A ridiculously easy pumpkin roll cake with whipped cream and mascarpone cheese. Your guests will be amazed how delicious it is!
Were you afraid to make a swiss roll cake before? If yes, don’t be. It is very simple cake to make. I also included step by step photos so you can see how I roll make cake. It is perfect Thanksgiving dessert or any time when you want to bake with pumpkin. I honestly use pumpkin a lot during the year and not only in the fall. Anyway, this pumpkin roll is made without cream cheese. I used whipped cream and mascarpone cheese for the filling. I also used lots of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon to enhance pumpkin flavor.
How to make a Pumpkin Roll
Firstly, get all ingredients for the pumpkin roll: all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, eggs, sugar, pumpkin and vanilla extract. For the filling prepare whipping cream, mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar. After that, combine all dry ingredients in one bowl. Then mix whipping cream with mascarpone and sugar together with electric mixer. Bake the cake at 350 F, only for 13-15 minutes. Once the cake is cool prepare filling by mixing whipping cream with mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar.
Tips to make Swiss Roll
- Use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Don’t over bake your cake 13 – 15 minutes is enough. You need your cake to be soft, not hard.
- The towel is necessary to roll the cake easily. Once the cake is baked remove it from the oven. Then remove parchment paper. Place on the towel and roll together with the towel. Leave it for cooling.
Other Pumpkin Recipes
- Brownie Pumpkin Bars
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread with Oatmeal Streusel
- Caramelized Apples Pumpkin Pancakes
Would you like to see more? Follow me: FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, or SUBSCRIBE to receive recipes and party themes in your inbox!
Pumpkin Roll Cake
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cardamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 6 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet 11 x 17 with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl mix with electric mixer eggs and sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix with mixer.
- Lay flat on the baking sheet and distribute evenly with spatula.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes.
- Prepare a clean towel, sprinkle with a little powdered sugar.
- Remove cake from the oven. Gently take out from the baking sheet and remove parchment paper. Place on the towel. Roll the cake together with the towel. Cool off completely.
- Once the cake is cool prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl mix whipping cream with mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar until soft peak.
- Roll out the cake and distribute the filling nicely.
- Roll the cake again without the towel.
- Leave to rest for few hours, on the countertop or the fridge before cutting.
I’ve always been scared to make a Swiss cake roll – but this looks delicious and easy! Can’t wait to try!
Yes me too, but once I made it I am not sure what I was scared of. It is very easy.
I can’t believe I have never made a pumpkin roll bc this looks crazy delicious. I love how thick that filling is!
Karen it is time to make it! One of the easiest recipe ever:)
I have always wanted to try rolling a cake. Your directions make it look so easy.
Yes it is!
Oh goodness how much do I love this recipe! I love marscapone especially, this is a def must-try for me.
I am a fan of mascarpone too:)
I can never pass up a pumpkin roll during the holidays. You make this dessert look so easy to make anytime.
Yes it is so easy:)
The Anthony Kitchen
This pumpkin roll cake looks like the perfect amount of sweetness! I really like that you used the mascarpone cheese and whipped cream as the filling.
The step-by-step photos are so help. I love the towel trick!
The perfect cake for the fall season! I love the mascarpone filling!
Laura | Wandercooks
Can’t wait to make this. It looks so much easier to do than other scroll recipes I’ve found. Thanks for the easy instructions. 🙂
I’ve been terrified of trying a Swiss roll, but you make it look easy. This pumpkin version sounds wonder. The dusting of sugar on top adds a beautiful final touch.
I love ridiculously easy recipes – I use them when I have no time to cook but need something quick and easy. And because this recipe uses mascarpone, I am definitely keeping it for later – looks delicious.