Creamy roasted butternut squash soup recipe made from scratch with cumin and a little bit of chili. Easy fall soup perfect for entertaining.
A perfect warm, creamy and comforting soup that you can easily serve to your guests. The soup requires only few ingredients to make. A nutritious butternut squash and a few yummy spices. For the toppings I suggest adding greek yogurt, sour cream, pumpkin seeds and any type of shredded cheese. Certainly, every guest can choose their own toppings.
How to cut Butternut Squash
It is not easy to cut butternut squash. However, after few tries I found an easy way on how to cut butternut squash. I simply cut butternut squash in half. I keep my hand on the top of the squash and I slide the knife from top to bottom. For the second half of the squash I do the same. As a result I don’t cut my fingers. Then I cut the end parts. I didn’t use the peeler to cut the squash. However, peeler might be used to cut the squash in different way.
How to make Butternut Squash Soup
Firstly, peel butternut squash and cut into cubes. Place cubed butternut squash and garlic on the baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes at 400 F. Secondly, prepare all other ingredients including cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt, bay leaf, sweet paprika and onion powder. Put all ingredients in the large pot together with the squash and add water. After that, cook for 15 minutes and blend.
Tips to make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Instead of water stock or broth can be used for more flavorful soup.
- The regular blender might be also used instead of the immerse blender. Just pour the soup to the blender and blend.
- Add more chili if you prefer more spicy soup.
Other Recipes with Butternut Squash
Would you like to see more? Follow me: FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, or SUBSCRIBE to receive recipes and party themes in your inbox!
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash medium-sized
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare baking pan.
- Peel butternut squash and cut into cubes.
- Place cubed butternut squash and garlic on the tray. Add oil and mix together. Bake for 40 minutes.
- After baking put butternut squash and garlic into the large pot.
- Add cumin, chili powder, sweet paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and bay leaf. Add water.
- Cook on low heat covered for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients with immerse blender. Or regular blender can be used.
Leave a Reply