Spaghetti Squash with roasted cauliflower, spinach and bacon.
I remember when I first tried spaghetti squash. It was actually recently in February. I really liked it from the beginning., And I’m often coming back to this vegetable. This recipe can be made totally vegetarian, just omit bacon. The rest are just veggies like spinach and roasted cauliflower.
I noticed a new recipe on the web for mashed cauliflower. The one with cheese and bacon… but instead of mashed potatoes you get cauliflower as a lighter version. It’s clever idea and right away I thought about how to incorporate this in my new recipe. I had spaghetti squash in my fridge and I had to do something with it. I thought that roasted cauliflower will nicely add some flavor to the dish.
First I baked my spaghetti squash and I roasted cauliflower. Then I simmered spinach with bacon on the pan. Stuffed the squash and bake for 10 minutes. Quick, easy and not difficult at all. I usually cook my cauliflower and serve with bread crumbs. But I’ve never made roasted cauliflower and I wanted to try it if I like it. I like eat very much and some of the florets I just ate straight from the oven by itself. Yummy!
If you would like to add some more bacon or other meat, just go ahead and do it. But it can be also served meatless as vegetarian option.
Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare baking pan.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and clean all the seeds. Smear the inside of the squash with oil. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Place on baking pan with skin facing up.
- Smear cauliflower florets with oil. Season with salt & pepper. Place beside spaghetti squash.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Mix cauliflower florets often. The spaghetti squash is ready when the flesh becomes tender. Fluff with fork.
- In the meantime cut bacon strips and cook for 5 minutes on the pan. Remove excess oil, add spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When cauliflower and spaghetti squash are ready. Stuff squash with spinach and bacon, cauliflower florets and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 816kcal Calories from fat 623|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 69g||106%|
|Saturated Fat 24g||120%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Do you bake spaghetti squash often at home?