Sugar cookie cups filled with strawberries and cream. A cute, flavourful and sweet treat for Valentine’s Day!
Last time when I was posting recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Baked Mini Buttermilk Donuts I told you that I will bring more Valentine’s Day recipes. And here it is sugar cookie cups filled with whipped cream and strawberries. Just heaven! If you’ve never made sugar cookie cups it’s time to change that. They are little, adorable and delicious. The BEST part that I love about these mini dessert is that I can fill them with whatever I want.
This time I opted for strawberries and cream since we have Valentine’s Day. Aren’t these perfect for this occasion? However, they are perfect for a tea party, Mother’s day brunch or any party.
Cookie cups are basically easy to make, just use an ice cream scoop for dividing the dough between muffin tin cups. Then each ball has to be pushed down after baking. The whole process of making whipped cream is very easy. I only used whipping cream from Organic Meadow that I use often at my home. Then I combined my cream with powdered sugar and purred strawberries.
The raspberries will be great also instead of strawberries. Or any other fruit is great.
I love how my cookie cups turned out. They were crunchy with delicious strawberries and cream topping. And I know I will be making them more often.
And stay tuned more delicious Valentine’s Day recipes coming soon to the blog:)
Strawberries and Cream Sugar Cookie Cups
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Strawberries and Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 5 - 6 strawberries pureed
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffin tin Grease with oil (I used Misto)
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat on low speed until all will become incorporated.
- Scoop dough into muffin tin using ice cream scoop dividing evenly into 12 scoops.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press gently with a small container or spoon. Let the cookie cups cool off in the muffin tin for 5 - 10 minutes. Then remove from muffin tin.
- Cool off completely.
Strawberries and cream
- In a medium bowl beat cold whipping cream until soft peak with electric mixer. Add powdered sugar and mix for few seconds until all ingredients will incorporate. Add 3 tablespoons of purred strawberries and combine well.
- Fill each sugar cookie cup with whipped cream using and ice cream scoop. Decorate with the remaining purred strawberries.