Strawberry shortcake buttermilk donuts are baked. Glazed with strawberries and powdered sugar.
Since I bought my mini donut pan I am experimenting with all donuts. Few months ago I made Sweet Potato Baked Mini Donuts and they were a HIT at my home. Therefore, now it was a time to make something different. Valentine’s Day is coming and I thought that strawberry shortcake baked donuts will be perfect for this occasion. I also wanted to make buttermilk donuts so I got all my products and I began baking.
These mini donuts are fun to make and even your little children can help you to prepare them. They are baked instead of fried. I know the fried donuts may taste differently but baked donuts are a little healthier. They are glazed with only pureed strawberries and powdered sugar. These donuts are soft and cakey. However, the buttermilk keeps them moist. That’s why I like baking with it. The recipe yields about 15 buttermilk donuts.
I always thought that donuts are difficult to make but once I made them I changed my mind. They are so simple! If you don’t have a mini donut pan I suggest you can buy and start having fun with mini donuts. They are great for breakfast, dessert or a any Party!
I hope you’ll have a fabulous Valentine’s Day! If you are looking for more recipes for this occasion I have Valentine’s Day Butter Cookies and a healthy dessert Chocolate Truffles Recipe. And stay tuned…I will be posting few more delicious recipes for Valentine’s Day!
Strawberry Shortcake Baked Mini Buttermilk Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 strawberries
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar**
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a mini donut pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, add oil, butter, vanilla extract, buttermilk and sugar. Combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour to wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the bag, make a small hole on the corner. Push gently the batter into the baking pan and form mini donuts.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Cool off before glazing on the wire rack.
- Place strawberries in the blender and make puree. Transport puree into the small saucepan and heat for minute on low heat. Add powdered sugar and whisk vigorously. Transfer into the bowl. Set aside to cool off for two - three minutes.
- Dip each donut into the bowl and place on the wire rack.
** If the glaze is to watery add more powdered sugar. It depends how large are strawberries and if they contain lots of water. They may need less or more powdered sugar.
If you like Strawberry Shortcake Baked Mini Buttermilk Donuts check…