Sweeten naturally and no churn chocolate ice cream that are dairy free.
How nice is to prepare ice cream without any machine? It’s very convenient. No churn is necessary. Just blend all healthy ingredients, freeze and enjoy.
I’m totally crazy about vegan recipes lately, it’s my new obsession. Vegan + Clean eating… this is what I’m very interested lately. I’m also limiting as most as possible junk food for my kids. I’m very happy when they like something what is 100% healthy. They love this ice cream and I love it too. I can eat them without any regrets and without thinking they have any unnecessary chemicals. “Unhealthy” word is stuck at my head lately.
Let me tell you more about this ice cream. They only require 4 ingredients. They are sweeten with dates and you won’t see any artificial sugar in them. Coconut milk is used instead of a dairy. I didn’t taste much coconut in them, they were chocolaty.
I’ve added also some almond milk that I had already in my fridge. To make my ice cream smooth. Then cocoa powder goes in them. Voila! The ice cream are ready. Just the time to freeze is necessary:) I like this ice cream and I will be making them the whole summer.
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 can 14. oz coconut milk (chilled overnight in the fridge)
- 8 dates
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Blend dates with 1 Tbsp. water. Set aside.
- Open chilled can and remove just the fat from top of the can.
- In a small bowl mix coconut milk fat with electric mixer until smooth, add almond milk and mix. In the end add cocoa powder and date paste. Whip all ingredients together until smooth.
- Freeze for couple hours or overnight.
Have you ever made vegan ice cream? What do you think? Do you like them?