This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
Heart-shaped soft sugar chocolate butter cookies topped with white chocolate and decorated with milk chocolate hearts. Nicely packed in a bag with Free printable “Valentine’s Day” tag.
While the Valentine’s Day is approaching quickly I am thinking how I love this holiday. For me personally it’s about my family. Spending time with them and having fun. There are many things that I like to do with my family. Sometimes we will explore together the part of the city that we’ve never been or going out for lunch. Simple things like having coffee outside of home … or hot chocolate for my children.
Simplicity is the most important. It doesn’t matter what we do as long as we are together.
Lately, during holidays our family tradition is to make cookies together. While cookies are so simple to make, the fun part is decorating them. There are many possibilities like frosting, glazing, decorating with sprinkles or fruits.
My younger son can spend hours decorating butter cookies. He eats everything during the whole process and makes a mess but it’s great seeing him how much fun he has.
To make my chocolate butter cookies I went to Walmart a few days ago and I found these heart-shaped chocolate candies. I already had an idea what I will be preparing for Valentine’s Day. I bought two types of milk chocolate candies. Caramel filled and Cherry Creme Filled Milk Chocolate Hearts. They are very delicious and nicely packed in a colorful wrapper.
The milk chocolate hearts are located right in seasonal aisle filled with all Valentine’s Day treats. Basically, it is one of the first aisle when you walk to the store. They are very easy to be found.
Once I went home, I made simple butter cookies that do not require refrigeration. After baking I dipped each cookie in melted white chocolate and right in the center I placed heart-shaped chocolate candy. They look very pretty. Obviously I think it is a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day. That’s why I also made a free “Happy Valentine’s Day” printable tag —> a link to download is located after the recipe.
White & Milk Chocolate Butter Cookies
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 pkg. heart -shaped Great Value candies
- red sprinkles
- flour for dusting
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer until it will become smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat until all ingredients will combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients.
- Mix with mixer, then knead the dough by hand.
- Flour the surface and roll the dough until 1/4 thick. Dust with flour when necessary. Cut the cookies with heart cookie cutter.
- Lay nicely on parchment paper. Bake for 6 - 10 minutes. Start checking after 6 minutes so they will not burn out.
- Cool off cookies completely before decorating.
- Melt white chocolate using double-boiler method (fill lower pan with water, bring water to simmer, take off from heat, put chocolate chips in top pan and stir)
- Dip each cookie in white chocolate, put on wire rack and decorate each cookie with Great value heart-shaped candy and red sprinkles.
- Cool off in the fridge for few minutes, so white chocolate will harden faster.
- Pack nicely in a bag, attach the printable "Happy Valentine's Day" Tag.
If you like White & Milk Chocolate Butter Cookies see…