No Bake Oreo Cookie Balls
Chocolate covered oreo truffles with cream cheese decorated with sprinkles.
- 20 oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. oil optional
- 1 tsp. sprinkles optional
Add oreo cookies to the food processor and process until crumbs will form.
In a medium bowl add oreos and cream cheese. Combine well with spatula.
Form 10 balls. Place on a plate with parchment paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
In a medium bowl melt chocolate chips in microwave for about 1 - 2 minutes. Add oil if your chocolate is very thick, this step will help to make the chocolate smooth.
Dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Using forks coat the ball nicely with the chocolate. Place back on parchment paper. Decorate with sprinkles. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
Keep refrigerated in airtight container.
- It is the best to keep cream cheese for about 1 hour on the counter top before making the truffles. The cream cheese will be softer and it will combine perfectly with cookies.
- Crush Oreo's in food processor. It will take you only few seconds. However, if you don't own food processor place cookies into a ziploc bag and crush it with a wooden spoon, meat tenderizer etc.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for few seconds or using double boiler method. Place chocolate in a bowl, then put that bowl into the pot filled with water. Boil the water on the stove and mix chocolate often with a spoon until it melts.
- Add oil to the chocolate if it is to thick. 1/4 teaspoon should be enough.
- Make sure to freeze balls before dipping them into the chocolate.
- For gift giving you can place them in a jar and decorate with a ribbon. Paper box or clear plastic bag will be great too!
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 193IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg