Baked Zucchini Fries with Garlic Dipping Sauce
Breaded zucchini fries baked in the oven or fried in Air Fryer served with garlic dip.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 zucchini quartered, lengthwise
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. green onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
Baked Zucchini Fries
Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper, coat with nonstick spray and set the oven to 400 F.
In a medium bowl beat eggs with milk using fork. Set aside.
In a another bowl combine panko breadcrumbs and salt. Set aside.
In different bowl put flour.
Dredge zucchini fries first into flour shaking the excess, dip in eggs, then coat with panko breadcrumbs.
Bake zucchini fries for about 20 minutes until they are crunchy and brownish.
- It is ok to omit the flour in this recipe. However, I've noticed that dipping in flour first helps to coat fries nicely in beaten egg and panko breadcrumbs.
- It is recommended to use some milk in beaten eggs. It helps to smooth the mixture evenly.
- You have two options of baking these fries, in the oven or in Air Fyer. I use Gourmia Air Fryer and I recommend it. The basket is small, but I cook it in batches. It does fry my food nicely.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 308IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2mg