Mushroom Leek Salad
Leek salad with sauteed mushrooms, hard boiled eggs, mayo, greek yogurt and mustard.
- 2 leeks sliced all parts
- 4 cups mushrooms diced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs hard-boiled, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt plain
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Place leeks into large bowl. Prepare 8 cups hot boiling water. Pour water over leeks, leave for 20 minutes, drain and cool off.
Melt butter on the frying pan, add mushrooms, saute for 5 minutes, cool off.
In a large bowl mix leeks, mushrooms, eggs, mayonnaise, greek yogurt, mustard, salt and black pepper.
- It is important to pour boiling water over sliced leek to make it softer. This step will ensure that all parts of leek white and green will be soft and edible. Sometimes, green parts of salad are not included in salads but not in this one. The boiling water will make the green parts tasty with a perfect amount of crunchiness.
- You should buy your favorite mayo, since not all mayonnaise taste the same, the one that you don't like can ruin the whole salad.
- Learn how to properly hard boil eggs in this recipe ---> Mayonnaise Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Cool off leeks and mushrooms completely before mixing all ingredients together.
- Add more salt and black pepper if needed.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 733IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg