Deep Fried Pickles
Crunchy deep fried pickles in oil.
- 1 1/4 cups pickles sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt optional
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil (use more if needed)
Pat dry sliced pickles with paper towel.
In a medium bowl mix flour with garlic powder and onion powder, mix. Add water and mix well.
Heat 1 cup of oil in frying pan. You might need more oil for deep frying, just remember pickles need to be immersed fully into the oil.
Once the oil is hot, dip each pickle into flour mixture and deep fry for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- You don’t have to add the salt to the batter since pickle is very salty itself, so it doesn’t need any extra salt. However, if you feel the batter is lacking salt, add a little.
- The best way is to use shallow large deep frying pan, pickles are small, they will easily sunk into the oil and you can actually fit lots of them.
- The recipe calls for 1 and 1/4 cups of sliced pickle, if you have extra batter left, add few more slices to use up the batter.
- What to serve it with? It tastes the best with Remoulade Sauce.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg