Dill and Spinach Dip
Cold dill and spinach dip with greek yogurt, garlic powder and mayo.
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dill freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach cooked
- 1/2 tsp. oil optional for cooking fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Fresh Spinach: If you are using fresh spinach, use about 2 - 3 cups of fresh spinach, heat oil on frying pan, add oil, chop spinach and add it to the frying pan, cook for about 2 - 5 minutes just to soften ( I like my spinach not cooked fully).
Frozen Spinach: you can use about 1/2 cup frozen spinach, squeeze excess water.
In a large bowl combine: plain greek yogurt, mayonnaise, chopped dill, spinach, garlic powder and salt, mix it with a spoon.
- You can definitely use frozen spinach, you have to remember to drain excess water.
- If you are using fresh spinach, just cook on the frying pan with oil just for few minutes.
- It is the best to use fresh dill to enhance the taste, if you don't have fresh dill use dried one, but I recommend using fresh herb, it will taste amazing.
- If there is not enough salt, add a little more according to your preferences.
- What do you eat dip with? You can serve it with variety of vegetables like cucumber, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, celery, bell peppers, sweet potato, white potato fries or chips or any crackers.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg