Moist Chocolate Banana Muffins
Easy and moist chocolate banana muffins with extra chocolate chunks.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter soften
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 bananas overripe
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin tin with silicone or paper liners for 12 muffins. Oil muffin liners (optional).
In a medium bowl combine flour, cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
In a small bowl mash 3 bananas with fork, set aside.
In a large bowl beat together soften butter and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add one egg at a time and mix all ingredients very well. Add bananas and mix with electric mixer.
Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients with a spoon or electric mixer on low. Don't overbeat.
Add chocolate chips/chunks and combine the batter well.
Pour the batter into each muffin liner, about 3/4 of the liner.
Bake for 25 minutes. Check if muffins are ready; inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Eggs and butter should be left at room temperature for few hours. You need the soften butter and warmer eggs to prepare these fluffy muffins.
- Make sure to use overripe bananas. They are more sweet and very soft. Mash them very well with fork.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients gently. Don't over beat with electric mixer. You can use a large spoon to mix very well or electric mixer for few seconds on low/medium speed.
- Add chocolate chips or chunks to make these muffins more chocolaty. But this is optional.
- Use silicone or paper liners to bake these muffins. It is best to spray the liners with oil.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. However, they might require a little more time to bake. Check with the toothpick. Inserted toothpick should come out clean.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg