Chocolate Covered Pineapple Slices
Pineapple slices covered with melted chocolate and sprinkled with walnuts, coconut flakes and white chocolate chips.
- 19 oz. pineapple 1 can
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. walnuts chopped
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. white chocolate chips mini
Remove pineapple rings from the can, pat dry with paper towel.
Use double boiler method to melt chocolate chips (fill lower pan with water, bring water to simmer, put chocolate chips in another pan or bowl, put on the top of first pan and stir). You can also melt in microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Dip each half of pineapple ring in melted chocolate, place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with walnuts, coconut flakes and white chocolate chips. Set aside to harden.
- You should use canned pineapple, because the slices are already nicely cut. If you prefer using fresh pineapple you can cut any shape that you like.
- Pat dry with paper towel canned pineapple, so the chocolate will stick better to the fruit.
- To make it more healthy use healthier ingredients for the toppings like hemp hearts or unsweetened coconut flakes. Also, choose good quality dark chocolate.
- To speed up the process of hardening you can place these rings in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- If your melted chocolate is very thick, add few drops of coconut oil.
- Add toppings immediately after dipping in chocolate.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg