Homemade Tomato Basil Soup
Homemade creamy tomato basil soup with carrot and parsnip.
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5.5 oz. tomato paste 1 can
- 1 beefsteak tomato diced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 parsnip sliced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 cups chicken broth homemade or store bought
- 3 Tbsp. basil fresh, chopped
In a large pot melt butter, add tomato paste, cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes, mixing often.
Add diced beefsteak tomato, carrot, parsnip, garlic powder, salt and chicken broth. Cook for 45 - 55 minutes, until vegetables will become soft.
Blend the soup with immersion blender.
- You can remove the skin from tomato. Boil about 2 cups of water, pour boiling water over tomato, peel the skin. This is very easy trick and always works.
- I used my immersion blender similar to this one but if you don't have it, use regular blender, pour the soup to the blender and blend. I use my ninja blender for all my blending needs.
- You can make your own chicken broth or you can buy at the store.
- If you would like you can add 3/4 cup of whipping cream to the blended soup, it makes the soup more rich. However, without whipping cream is still delicious.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 1313mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3622IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg