Butternut Squash Baked Mini Doughnuts
Baked mini doughnuts with butternut squash, chocolate and coconut flakes.
Servings: 12 mini donuts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 + 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butternut squash diced & cooked.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare mini donut pan. Spray with oil. (I used Misto)
In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
Mash butternut squash with fork.
In the blender or using mixer, add butternut squash, sugar, melted butter, avocado oil, milk, vanilla extract and egg, mix it.
Add dry ingredients and mix with spoon or electric mixer until all ingredients are incorporated well.
Pour the batter into the bag, make a small hole on one corner. Fill mini donut pan with the batter, approximately 2/3 full.
Bake for 10 - 13 minutes.
- You can use a mixer to blend wet ingredients, but I found that blender works here great, it will provide the smooth texture without any chunks of butternut squash, however mixer is perfect too. I use my Ninja Blender that I recommend.
- If you don't have butternut squash you can use same amount of pumpkin or sweet potato.
- Large or mini donut pan can be used, for larger doughnuts, you might need to bake few minutes longer.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1343IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg