Baked Mini Matcha Cheesecake
Baked green tea matcha cheesecakes with salty pretzel crust and chocolate glaze.
- 1/3 cup pretzels crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese 2 bricks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. matcha powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips melted
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin tin with silicone or paper liners.
In a medium bowl combine crushed pretzels and melted butter. Pour pretzels into each liner, press firmly. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and lower the temperature to 300 F.
In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with sugar and greek yogurt with electric mixer for about 2 - 3 minutes. Add eggs, each at a time. Beat all ingredients together until all will become smooth. Add matcha powder and vanilla extract, combine well.
Pour cream cheese into each liner, on top of baked pretzels. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool off before decorating with chocolate.
Glaze each mini matcha cheesecake with melted chocolate. Store in refrigerator.
- I've noticed that pretzel crust doesn't stick very well, so after baking remove cupcakes from baking pan, cool them off completely. If any crust will be coming off, sprinkle on top of the glazed cheesecakes. Also, storing mini dessert in the refrigerator makes the pretzel crust more solid.
- Bake pretzel crust for 10 minutes before pouring the cream cheese mixture.
- You can use graham cracker crust instead of pretzels.
- Green tea powder gives a specific taste, if you wish to make these baked cheesecakes without matcha you can just omit the powder completely. Basically, it will be mini cheesecakes with a little vanilla taste.
- You might have between 12 - 14 cupcakes from this recipe.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 845IU | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg