Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Marinated with spices whole chicken cooked in air fryer.
- 4 lb. whole chicken (approx. 3-5 lb - 5.5 lb)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Mix the marinate: combine oil, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, mustard powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder and salt.
Spread the marinate all over the chicken. Marinate chicken for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Place chicken in the air fryer basket, breast down. Set temperature for 360 F and cook for 30 minutes, after this time flip the chicken breast up, cook for additional 15 - 25 minutes until fully cooked. Check with instant thermometer, it should read 165 F.
- You should marinate your chicken for at least 1 hour. However, it is the best to marinate overnight, just keep it in airtight container in the fridge.
- You need to cook whole chicken breast down first for 30 minutes. After that, flip it, breast up, this way the chicken breast will not be burnt.
- Are you looking for Air Fryer? I recommend this Secura Air Fryer that I use it all the time. It is large 5.3 QT and it fits all the food nicely. For other smaller meals I recommend Gourmia Air Fryer. Specifically in this one you won't fit the whole bird. However, you can use it for smaller meals.
Calories: 713kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 227mg | Sodium: 661mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 693IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 3mg