Welcome to Ilona’s Passion where you will find inspiring sweet and savoury recipes and themes for parties and entertaining for any occasion. Here you’ll also find recipes for simple and delicious weeknight meals, breakfast, appetizer, smoothies and everyday snacks that your family will love. Each recipe comes with easy-to-follow directions, enticing photographs and step-by-step photo tutorials.
In my kitchen everything is made from scratch with wholesome ingredients. I develop savory recipes that are both nutritious and appealing as well as decadent desserts that are not overly sweet. I enjoy focusing on meal prep ideas with lots of tips that make delicious eating healthy and easy. And I should mention that I love Air Fryer recipes for quick and simple dinners!”
About Ilona’s Passion
I am Polish born and bred but now live in Canada via the USA. Polish cuisine has a lot to offer and does not sacrifice taste. In Poland our family shopped local markets daily for fresh groceries. With my family we cooked a wide variety of scrumptious soups to meat dishes and desserts. At that time in Poland many families did not eat out a lot but rather preferred to enjoy the goodness of home.
In 1999 I moved to Chicago and lived there for 14 years which is where I met and married my husband. I graduated in 2012 from Northeastern Illinois University with a Bachelor’s Degree in General Business Administration. We had 2 sons while in Chicago. In 2013 I moved with my husband and sons to my third country, Canada, where I now reside just outside of Toronto.
Ilona’s Passion Beginnings
Ilona’s Passion was launched in 2013 after I decided I wanted to share my passion for food, parties and entertaining by showcasing all my creative ideas, recipes and photography. For as long as I can remember I’ve always loved cooking and sharing my mouth-watering recipes and party ideas with my community. I’m so delighted that this blog has grown to a huge community and this brings me so much happiness.
Ilona’s Passion Facts
- I won a Mushrooms Canada competition for the best appetizer with my recipe for Baked Portobello Mushrooms with Homemade Poutine.
- I am a Food Bloggers of Canada member and was featured on their website; you can read my Interview.
- Also, I won a cookie competition in my city with my recipe for Valentine’s Day Butter Cookies.
- I was contributor at The Cookful which is a website full of your favorite topics; you can find some of my recipes there.
- I work for Food Bloggers of Canada as Managing Editor and Social Media Co-ordinator.
- My favorite things and activities are: creating food in my kitchen, dark chocolate, meringue apple crumble bars, visiting Poland and family time.
- Press & Features: Ilona’s Passion was featured in numerous publications. Check out all featured recipes here: Press & Feature.
Ilona’s Passion Website
What you will find on Ilona’s Passion? You will find all recipes including party food, breakfasts, desserts, drinks, appetizers, dinners and meal prep. Start with learning how to throw a memorable party. Check out entertaining ideas for every event or celebration and make gifts.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to Ilona’s Passion Newsletter where you will get access to free printable collection including invitations, party decorations and free E-books. In addition, check out party themes collection for inspiration and printables that you can easily print at home. I hope everything you find at Ilona’s Passion will inspire you to entertain, plan parties and cook for your family. Thank you for visiting!
Most Popular Recipes
Cook these most popular recipes for Oven Baked Fish Basa Fillets and Matcha Cupcakes with Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting. Don’t forget to make this healthy Beet Detox Smoothie and Triple Berry Smoothie. If you need to throw a party see Mexican Buffet Menu Ideas and Elegant Dinner Party Menu.