Easy to make mini cucumber sandwiches with cream cheese, sour cream, green onion and dill. Vegetarian finger sandwiches appetizer for a crowd.
These mini vegetarian cucumber sandwiches with cream cheese are perfect for afternoon tea, brunch or breakfast. Served on a soft bread slices they basically melt in your mouth. Also they are made with freshly cut dill and green onion. However, this smooth and silky topping can be made with dry herbs as well.
Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe Facts:
Texture: silky, smooth and creamy spread perfect for bread.
Taste: delicate, soft and salty enough.
Simplicity: very simple to make, only 20 minutes to make it.
Meal Type: breakfast, brunch, kids snack and party appetizer.
How to make Cucumber Sandwiches
- Firstly, prepare all ingredients. Shredded English cucumber, salt, cream cheese, sour cream, dill, green onion and 10 bread slices.
- Secondly, in a small bowl combine cucumber and salt. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill and green onion. Mix very well.
- After 10 minutes drain the excess water from the cucumber. Add it to the cream cheese. Combine very well.
- Finally, spread about 3 Tbsp. of cucumber cream cheese on 5 slices of bread. Cover with another slices of bread. Cut into 4 equal parts.
Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe Tips
- Make sure to add salt to English cucumber and leave it aside for 10 minutes. Cucumber needs to soften. After 10 minutes drain the excess water by pressing gently the cucumber. Obviously you will not end up with watery cream cheese mixture.
- You can also use fresh or dry herbs including dill, parsley, basil etc.
- In addition, you can use any kind of bread. For instance, rye, white bread, sourdough, whole wheat bread, soda bread etc.
- Keep the cream cheese topping in airtight container for up to 3 – 4 days in the refrigerator. It is best to spread the mixture on bread just before serving. However, mini appetizer sandwiches can be kept in the fridge for 24 hours before serving to your guests.
Finger Sandwiches FAQ’S
- Can I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream? Yes, just make sure to use the plain unflavored version.
- Can you freeze cucumber sandwiches? No, I do not recommend freezing them. They are the best fresh.
Other Finger Sandwiches
- Open Faced Afternoon Tea Sandwiches
- Cilantro Feta Cheese Mini Appetizer Sandwiches
- Strawberry Honey Bruschetta
Finger Cucumber Sandwiches
- 1 cup English cucumber shredded
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese 1 brick
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 Tbsp. dill chopped
- 1 Tbsp. green onion chopped
- 10 bread slices
- In a small bowl combine shredded cucumber and salt. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill and green onion. Mix well.
- After 10 minutes drain the excess water from cucumber just by squeezing cucumber. Discard the water.
- Add cucumber to cream cheese mixture. Combine well.
- Prepare 5 bread slices. Spread about 3 Tbsp. cucumber cream cheese mixture on each slice.
- Cover with remaining 5 slices of bread. Cut into 4 equal parts.