Fluffy, buttery and soft cinnamon breadsticks sprinkled with brown sugar.
I used to buy frozen breadsticks for my children long time ago. But I’ve decided to limit processed food. Now I make everything from scratch. Occasionally we buy frozen pizza but that’s all. This is life and sometimes I let my children eat whatever they want.
I stopped buying frozen pancakes and waffles also. It takes me only 30 minutes it the morning to make them. And I usually make more, so we can have it on the next morning too. When you buy frozen version; it is very convenient to take it out from the freezer and put it the microwave or oven. But I think if you make it at home it’s healthier and you know what ingredients you used. For example, these cinnamon breadsticks. They are not packed with lots of sugar or sodium.
Salt is also concern in my diet. Personally I don’t think we need so much salt! The processed food has so much salt. Believe me but I don’t put salt in my pasta. However, it is personal preferences how much salt you need. Honestly, I don’t use it a lot.
Ok, let’s go back to these fluffy cinnamon breadtsicks. I make them often at my home. My children like them so much. I didn’t post this recipe on my blog before, but I thought that maybe it’s time to write about it. The recipe is easy. Just few ingredients and time…. The dough needs to rise. I let my dough to rise for about 40 minutes on the counter top.
These cinnamon breadtsicks are soft and buttery. Sprinkled with brown sugar on top before baking.
Fluffy Brown Sugar Cinnamon Breadsticks
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- One 1/4 ounce 2 1/4 tsp. instant yeast packet
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup warm water not hot
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached combine: flour, instant yeast, olive oil, sugar, salt and water. Knead for about 5 minutes.
- Dust your hands with flour and remove the dough from the bowl.
- Place on the baking sheet and roll a rectangular with a rolling pin. About 1 inch thick.
- Cut in half and then make about 9 - 10 vertical lines.
- Cover and leave it for 40 minutes. The dough will rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Before baking, melt butter, brush the breadsticks and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Adapted from Averie Cooks
If you like Fluffy Brown Sugar Cinnamon Breadsticks see..