Fluffy, buttery and soft cinnamon breadsticks sprinkled with brown sugar. A perfect homemade breadsticks for brunch, snack or breakfast.
Delicate, soft and tasty breadsticks topped with sweet brown sugar and cinnamon. However, they are great for kids or adults parties.
Homemade Breadsticks Seasoning Ideas
- Brown sugar
- Parmesan cheese
- Shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Fresh or dry herbs
- Garlic seasoning
- Onion seasoning
How to Make Cinnamon Homemade Breadsticks
Firstly, gather all ingredients. All-purpose flour, instant yeast, olive oil, water, salt, sugar, unsalted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. In a large bowl combine flour with instant yeast, olive oil, water, salt and sugar. Then, knead everything very well for about 5 minutes. Secondly, take out the dough from the bowl and using rolling pin make a rectangular. Cut in half and then vertically into strips. About 14 – 18 breadsticks. Leave it covered for 40 minutes. Thirdly, melt butter and spread on sticks. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Then bake for about 20 minutes.
How do you store Homemade Breadsticks
They can be stored in a glass or plastic container with a lid in room temperature. Moreover, they will be good for up to 3 days. Also, on the next day you can always reheat them for few seconds in microwave if they seem to hard.
Tips to make Cinnamon Breadsticks
- This dough can be easily kneaded by hand also. However, just make sure to dust your hands with flour often to prevent sticking the dough to your hands.
- After kneading and cutting into strips leave the dough covered with cloth for 40 minutes or up to 1 hour. After that, the dough needs to rise.
- In addition, you can simply make half of the sticks sweet and half savory.
Other Brunch Recipes
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Homemade Breadsticks
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 oz. instant yeast 1 envelope (7 grams)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup warm water not hot
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached combine: flour, instant yeast, olive oil, sugar, salt and water. Knead for about 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can knead with your hands as well.
- Dust your hands with flour and remove the dough from the bowl.
- Place on the baking sheet and roll a rectangular with a rolling pin. About 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut in half and then cut about 7 - 9 vertical lines into breadsticks.
- Cover with a cloth and leave it for 40 minutes. The dough will rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Before baking, melt butter, brush the breadsticks.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle breadsticks.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Update Notes: The post was originally published in October, 2015. It was updated with new tips on April 17, 2019.