Cold winter months are coming.. there is nothing better than warm crock pot chili, delicious and full of spicy flavors. I don’t know how about you but I love Mexican food; I can eat burritos, tacos all the time:) This crock pot chili has lots of vegetables like: carrots, peppers and celery. I used my Crock Pot so the whole process of making chili was easy, I just put everything together and cooked in Crock Pot for 4 hours on low heat.
Crock Pot Chili
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 green pepper
- 4 jalapenos
- 7 tomatoes
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tsp. salt
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (213 ml each can)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans of red kidney beans (540 ml each can)
- Turn on Crock Pot on Low. Pour 1Tbsp. canola oil on the bottom of the crock pot. Add ground beef.
- Dice celery stick and onion. Add them to crock pot.
- Remove the seeds from green pepper and jalapenos; dice them. Be careful with dicing jalapenos, put gloves or foil on your hands to prevent burning. Add to crock pot.
- Add shredded carrot.
- Add spices: paprika, oregano, chili powder, minced garlic and salt.
- Add 2 cans of tomato sauce and 1 cup water. Mix all of it.
- With tomatoes, you can just dice and put them to the crock pot. However, I peeled them before I dice them.
- Peeling the tomatoes: boil the water in a kettle, put tomatoes into the sink and pour the boiling water on them. Wait when they will cool off a little and then peel.
- Dice tomatoes and add them to crock pot. Mix everything together.
- Cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- After three hours, drain kidney beans from cans and add them to crock pot.
- Cook another 1 - 1 1/2 hour.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 378kcal Calories from fat 188|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|